Applications are due by March 15, June 15, September 15, and December 15. Applications will be reviewed within two weeks of the due dates. The PEC board of directors will select the recipients and amounts given. If your organization is not selected, and funds are still needed within the calendar year, you may reapply.
Qualifications for Eligibility
- Funds are available to organizations that benefit communities and individuals in PEC's service area.
- The donation request should be for a specific project or current need.
- Organizations that meet the following qualifications are eligible to apply for FYF funds:
- Which relieve the poor, distressed, or underprivileged persons.
- which advance science.
- Which are to erect public buildings for public works, or for the preservation of historical buildings.
- Which lessen the burdens of government, and tend to reduce taxation, such as for libraries, fire departments, parks, museums, historical markers and monuments.
- Which are designed to promote social welfare through activities of established agencies or organizations working toward the:
- Elimination of prejudice or discrimination;
- Defense of human or civil rights;
- Combating of community deterioration and juvenile delinquency.
- Which are for the cure, or treatment of disease or for the promotion and preservation of health
- Which are for the armed services, for rehabilitation of persons who have been in the armed services, or to assist disabled veterans or to care for them.
- Which are for the promotion of the welfare of the agricultural population, improvement of the conditions of rural life, or the solution of agricultural problems.
Monies for donations come from Federated Youth Foundation funds, which are returned capital credits that have gone unclaimed or have been donated to the Foundation by members. These funds can NOT be used by PEC for operational or capital expenditures and are used exclusively for scholarship and charitable donations that meet the eligibility requirements set forth by the Foundation.